Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hailing again

How do you like this painting? I call it 1950 Night Traffic and it's a 10" X 8" and is $45. It has a lot of reduced crackle paste on it so it's not functioning like crackle paste but more like a gritty light molding paste.

I point this out because when I started this painting I wanted to play around with yellow and purple and before I knew it I had a night scene and traffic and building lights bouncing off wet pavement. I guess those late night city work nights driving in traffic or waiting for the bus are still right there in the old memory because I was right there again, cold and shivering!

Speaking of shivering, I woke up this morning and it was hailing. Both dogs couldn't wait to go out and being the furry double coated kinds of dogs it really was their kind of weather. Have I mentioned my dogs are a Samoyed girl named Delilah, now 10 years old whom I got as a rescue, and Keir my 6 year old boy, black and white Sheltie - Shetland Sheep Dog. Excellent dogs to raise together by the way. Both heavy coated with outside guard hairs and inside soft fluffy fur.

Now it's blue sky out and ready to begin the day! I was thinking this morning that I really have to change out my paintings at Azure and I need to call Julia at Arts & Cultural Exchange to go take down my exhibit there next week. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment